INQUIRER.net stock photo
MANILA, Philippines — A 43-year-old businessman from India died from a suspected allergic reaction following a 12-hour hair transplant in Mumbai.
In a report by the Independent UK on Friday, Shrawan Kumar Choudhary was rushed to the hospital with breathing problems after undergoing the procedure in a private clinic.
Choudhary passed away the next day due multiple organ failure triggered by a suspected allergic reaction.
He reportedly suffered anaphylactic shock, a severe and potentially fatal allergic reaction.
Surgeon Vikas Halwai told the police that Choudhary had received 3,700 hair grafts in a single sitting.
Meanwhile, India’s Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons said breathing difficulties were “a rare complication that only few patients of hair transplant suffer from.”
The association added that Choudhary should have been kept under observation for at least 24 hours before being discharged. /jpv
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.