HomePhilippine News Today

Man dies after undergoing 12-hour hair transplant in India

surgery

INQUIRER.net stock photo

MANILA, Philippines — A 43-year-old businessman from India died from a suspected allergic reaction following a 12-hour hair transplant in Mumbai.

In a report by the Independent UK on Friday, Shrawan Kumar Choudhary was rushed to the hospital with breathing problems after undergoing the procedure in a private clinic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Choudhary passed away the next day due multiple organ failure triggered by a suspected allergic reaction.

He reportedly suffered anaphylactic shock, a severe and potentially fatal allergic reaction.

FEATURED STORIES

Surgeon Vikas Halwai told the police that Choudhary had received 3,700 hair grafts in a single sitting.

Meanwhile, India’s Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons said breathing difficulties were “a rare complication that only few patients of hair transplant suffer from.”

The association added that Choudhary should have been kept under observation for at least 24 hours before being discharged. /jpv

Read Next

LATEST STORIES

MOST READ

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.